Monday, April 12, 2010

A Good Sunday

So yesterday I went climbing with a friend from the climbing gym and a bunch of his friends (now also mine). We went to Lago Amatitlan, about 20 minutes from the city, and had a great time. The rock was beautiful, the view was big, the sun was very hot.

After climbing, we headed back to the city by way of a gas station for some celebratory beers, where we were accosted by a stereotypical drunk Latin American man who thought it´d be a great idea if we all shared a second round, and would be cool if we bought? We turned him down and headed back to the city, where I hit church just on time for the very end! I would´ve liked to make it for the whole thing, but at least I got to hang out with some of the crew (see below) for dinner. I´m feeling the end coming quickly and want to make the most of things while I can.


The view.
Julio, Leoni, and Garilla hiding in the shade. German and Luna in the foreground.
On CorrosiĆ³n, 5.10d. Gorgeous rock. Hoping to go back and send it clean soon.
See? Gorgeous.
Leoni.
Making hardcore faces to accompany bold moves.
We got right up under the airtram lines. People kept shouting "Escaladores! Buena suerte!" I waved at them from the top of a 60 foot rapel. It was funny to me that people would pay to be transported by box to the same height and view I had reached by hiking and climbing for free. What a deal!
Julio and Johnny, at least I think that´s his name. He kept telling me to call him "La Gorda," which is the feminine version of "fatty." Wha?
Johnny on a 5.11c of unknown name.
The afterchurch party. Lucia, Ana Lu, Anaco, Jillian, and some obnoxious guy.
My buddy Rodrigo.

No comments:

Post a Comment