Thursday, October 29, 2009

Fotos

Last night Lerae and I were driving home after seeing a movie. In the middle of the city, at about 10 PM, for no noticeable reason whatsoever, there was a fireworks show. We pulled over at a gas station to watch it. Latin America often doesn´t make any sense, and usually that´s frustrating. This was just a nice surprise.

My friends from Lawrence, Jennifer (left) and Sally (right) came to visit for a night on their way to El Salvador to work with a community development organization for six months. It was really nice to see them. Check out their blog.

Last week my host dad, Victor Sr., pointed out this rainbow (arcoiris) from our porch.

On Día de la Revolución (a national holiday) we went to a spa in a nearby town for its volcano-heated hot pools, cool pools, and absurdly cheap massages. It also happens to be a castle.

My roommate/coworker Lerae and I went to the zoo near our house a couple of weeks ago. I know. It´s a zoo. But it´s a cheap, quiet, safe place to sit outside and read. We´re talking $2.50. I´d pay that much for all of the above without the animals in this loud, dangerous, smoggy city!

I dress up everyday, including fedora and briefcase. Sometimes there´s even a pocketwatch involved.


Fireworks.

2 comments:

  1. Excuse me, but your comment regarding the zoo assumes that you don't think going to a zoo for the sake of going to a zoo is a perfectly acceptable and even awesome activity. We should all go to the zoo more often. ;)

    ReplyDelete